Side dishes don’t have to be complex to be full of taste. Spice up your veggies with a flavorful tahini drizzle and pinch of parsley. A bold Grillo from Sicilia DOC lends a refreshing note of citrus to these carrots.
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons crushed hazelnuts
Steam the carrots in a basked until tender about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Whisk the lemon juice with the tahini, olive oil and water until smooth. Add garlic and season with salt. Pour the dressing over the carrots, add the parsley and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with crushed hazelnuts. Makes 8 servings.