Bring the bold colors and flavors of summer to your table with these refreshingly tasty kiwi ahi poke bowls, served alongside a chilled glass of Grillo from Sicilia DOC.
- 1 Pound ahi (yellowfin tuna) steaks, partial frozen
- 1/4 Cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Scallion, sliced on bias
- 1 Mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 Teaspoons macadamia nuts (roasted and unsalted), chopped and toasted
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon alaea or Hawaiian sea salt, or coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kiwi slices for garnish
Using a sharp knife cut the tuna into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in a large bowl.
Combine all ingredients. Add the onions, mango, garlic, sesame seeds, macadamia nuts, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and red pepper flakes. Gently mix until thoroughly combined.
Cover the poke with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours. Garnish with the kiwi slices when serving.