The real centerpiece of a Thanksgiving spread is the stuffing. This flavor packed chorizo and green olive stuffing brings a mix of exotic flavors to those gathered at the table. Nero d’Avola’s bold and robust characteristics will enhance the spices of your holiday spread.
- 1 pound fresh chorizo sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 cups onion, diced fine
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups green olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon raw (turbinado) sugar (to taste)
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add chorizo, and cook until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up larger pieces. Stir in paprika, rosemary, and onions, then cook until onions turn translucent. Stir in garlic and olives and cook for one minute longer.
- Add stock and saffron. Stir to combine, then bring mixture to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes. Add salt and sugar as needed. Remove rosemary.
- Pour broth mixture over bread cubes in mixing bowl and mix well. Transfer mixture to a 9 by 13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, until top is brown. Makes 8 – 10 servings.