Grilled and aromatic. Pair this fresh-from-the-grill wing recipe with the refreshing fruit aromas of a Sicilia DOC Grillo.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings, separated into wingette and drumette
- 2 cups whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tandoori spice powder
- 2-3 thick slices fresh ginger root
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared coriander chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 Serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
Combine yogurt, tandoori spice, ginger and garlic in a large zip-top freezer bag and season to taste with kosher salt. Add in chicken wings, seal the bag, mix thoroughly and refrigerate for approximately one hour.
Combine yogurt, chutney, cumin and chili pepper in a small bowl and add salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate.
Arrange the wings on a hot grill, cover and cook without touching for 12 minutes. Turn wings, replace cover and grill for another 12 minutes. Turn the wings again and cook uncovered for five more minutes. Makes 4 servings.