This light lemon crab linguini features hints of chili and mint. Enjoy this special seafood dish with a pour of crisp Sicilia DOC Grillo.
- 8 ounces linguine
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 Fresno chiles, red jalapeños, or red Thai chiles, seeded, sliced into thin slivers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons (packed) finely grated lemon zest, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cooked, shelled Dungeness crab, king crab, or jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, gently torn, divided
Cook linguini in a large pot of boiling salted water until pasta is al dente. Reserve a cup or so of the cooking water, and drain.
Add 1 tablespoon butter and one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 4 minutes, add garlic and chile and cook, about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice.
Transfer pasta to skillet and add 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking liquid. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, tossing pasta or stirring with tongs, until liquid is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter, oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, crab, half of mint. Turn off the heat and continue to stir the pasta carefully until the butter has melted and everything is combined, adding more pasta water if dry.
Serve immediately on warm plates. Garnish with remaining mint and lemon zest. Makes 2 servings.