Pair a fresh & fruity Rosé from Sicilia DOC with an open faced seafood omelet for a brunch full of Sicilian summer flavors.
- 3 Eggs
- 8 Stalks Asparagus
- 8 Oz Jumbo lump Crab meat
- 4 Oz Assorted micro greens
- 1/4 Cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 3 Sprigs tarragon leaves finely minced, stems reserved separately
- 1 Small shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 Egg yolks
- Kosher salt
- 1 ½ Sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to boil. When water is rolling, add the asparagus and cook for one minute. Remove the asparagus and place immediately in an ice water bath. When cool, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and add to the hot pan. Let the eggs set up in the pan. When the eggs are set and nearly cooked in the middle, transfer the eggs to a plate. Add the greens, crab and asparagus and serve with the béarnaise sauce.
- Bring vinegar, wine, herb stems, shallots, and black peppercorns to a simmer in a small saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until there are approximately 2 tablespoons liquid. Strain into a blender jar.
- Add the egg yolk, and a pinch of salt to the blender. Melt butter in a small saucepan over high heat, swirling constantly, until foaming subsides.
- With the blender constantly running, slowly pour in the hot butter it should emulsify with the egg yolk and vinegar reduction. Continue pouring until all butter is added. The sauce should be thick and creamy. Serve immediately.