Fresh cilantro and spicy sriracha bring a bold yet smooth burst of flavor to this traditional appetizer, especially when served with a crisp glass of Grillo from Sicilia DOC.
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Small pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pickled carrots or daikon, for garnish (optional)
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
Hard-boil the eggs; cool, peel, and halve them; and carefully remove the yolks. Reserve the whites.
Combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, Dijon, Sriracha, lime juice, and cilantro in a medium nonreactive bowl. Season well with salt and pepper, then mix well until the yolks are broken up and the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
Evenly pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the reserved egg white halves. Top with pickled carrots or daikon and a few chopped cilantro leaves. Makes 8 to 10 servings.